iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, discuss one-on-one or in groups, and annotate PDF assignments.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content—including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—all right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including documents, worksheets, web links, photos, and videos
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store, and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed their assignments, completed their work, or remind them when they are due
• Use the integrated grade book to enter grades as you go and track the progress of your entire class at a glance
• Use the single-student view to offer private and individual attention for quick check-ins or parent-teacher conferences
• Answer individual questions in one-on-one chats or start debates with the entire class using group discussions
• Keep students in the loop and prepared for class with notifications
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog to make them available to everyone for free
• Institutions using Apple School Manager with Managed Apple IDs can now import rosters to streamline course creation
• See your assignments and instructor updates in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, dozens of third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs for private courses
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work outside of class time with one-on-one discussions
• Start or join group discussions with the whole class
• See your graded results and instructor feedback for all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalog of free education content:
• Choose from more than 1 million free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology from educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress, and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.3 or later
• Creating courses requires iPad with iOS 8.3 or later
• Shared iPad and Manage Apple IDs requires iOS 9.3 or later
• Built-in PDF annotation requires iPad (3rd generation) or later, iPad mini 2 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
• Roster import requires Managed Apple IDs
Remind, formerly Remind101, is a free text messaging app that helps teachers, students, and parents communicate quickly and efficiently. By connecting school communities, Remind makes it easy for everyone to succeed together. Remind is based in San Francisco, CA and is used by more than 35 million people in 3 out of 4 U.S. school districts.
* Real-time messaging for your school, group, or just a single person.
* Schedule reminders ahead of time.
* Send text messages straight to any phone.
* Translate messages into more than 70 languages.
* See who's read your messages and who's missing out.
* Plan important activities and collect funds—on time.
“Once a teacher starts to use the tool, it tends to spread through the rest of the school like wildfire. Domonique Roberts, a history teacher at University High School in Newark, N.J., has been using Remind to communicate better with parents. 'I have been messaging one student’s mom, telling her when he’s not doing homework, or if he fell asleep in class today,' Roberts says. 'She’s on top of it and his grade improved by two letter grades from the first marking period to the second, just by keeping up with her.'” – Fast Company
“…Remind’s features have proved especially popular in low-income districts, where parent engagement is a key issue for teachers, and parents’ sometimes erratic work schedules can make it difficult to get in touch by phone.” – Buzzfeed
CLASSROOM IS AVAILABLE TO ANYONE WITH A GOOGLE APPS FOR EDUCATION ACCOUNT
Using Google Classroom in school? Get the iOS App to use Classroom on the go.
Classroom helps teachers save time, keep classes organized, and improve communication with students. It is available to anyone with Google Apps for Education, a free suite of productivity tools including Gmail, Drive and Docs.
Classroom is designed to help teachers create, collect, and grade assignments paperlessly, including time-saving features like the ability to automatically make a copy of a Google Document for each student. It also creates Drive folders for each assignment and for each student to help keep everyone organized.
Students can keep track of what’s due on the Assignments page and begin working with just a click. Teachers can quickly see who has or hasn't completed the work, and provide direct, real-time feedback and grades right in Classroom.
With the mobile app for iOS, students and teachers can view their classes and communicate with their classmates in real time. Students can open their assignments and work on them right from their phone or tablet. Teachers can keep track of who has turned in work and grade the assignment - at school or on the go. Students and teachers receive notifications when they have new content in Classroom, so they are always up to date.
There are many benefits of using Classroom:
Easy to set up
Teachers can add students directly or share a code with their class to join. It takes just minutes to set up.
The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to create, review, and grade assignments quickly, all in one place.
Students can see all of their assignments on an assignments page, and all class materials are automatically filed into folders in Google Drive.
Classroom allows teachers to send announcements and start class discussions instantly. Students can share resources with each other or provide answers to questions on the stream.
Affordable and secure
Like the rest of our Google Apps for Education services, Classroom contains no ads, never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes, and is free for schools.
ClassDojo is a beautiful, safe, and simple communication app for teachers, parents, and students.
* Teachers can encourage students for any skill, like “Working hard” and “Teamwork”
* Teachers can bring parents into the classroom experience by sharing photos, videos, and announcements
* Teachers can also safely and instantly message with any parent
* Parents see their child’s updates at home, as well as a stream of photos and videos from school
ClassDojo helps teachers build a positive classroom culture by encouraging students and communicating with parents.
ClassDojo is free for everyone, and K-12 teachers, parents, students, and school leaders in over 180 countries have joined. It works on all devices, like iPhones, iPads, tablets, phones, and smartboards.
"I’ve divided my time teaching as B.C. and A.C.: before ClassDojo, and after ClassDojo. I never want to go back!" — Jen E., an elementary school teacher :)
See how much people love ClassDojo at: www.classdojo.com/wall-of-love/
Master your classes with the leading education app! Create your own flashcards or choose from millions created by other Quizlet users on thousands of subjects. If you're doing standardized test prep for big exams like the SAT or ACT, studying for an upcoming midterm or test, or just need homework help, you can feel confident with these powerful interactive learning tools -- inside the classroom or out:
- Put your memory to the test with Learn
- Race against the clock in a game of Match
- Share flashcards with classmates or your students
- Listen to automatic pronunciations in 18 languages
- Enhance your studying with images and audio
Offline access lets you study anywhere, anytime. From middle school to grad school, be prepared studying for any subject, including vocabulary, biology, chemistry, AP classes, the SAT and ACT, and more. Learn foreign languages more effectively with study modes that allow you to memorize vocabulary, learn pronunciation and test yourself for more than 18 foreign languages, including Spanish, French, German and Chinese. Available on multiple platforms, including the web, making it great for teachers to use with the entire class.
What our students and teachers say:
• “Quizlet is a must for every language learner.” -Toshi, English Teacher
• “Quizlet has really helped my studying habits and I love the fun games!” -Samuel, High School Student
• “Quizlet helps me be more confident on tests.” -Trenton, Middle School Student
We love feedback! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @quizlet.
If you enjoy the app, please leave a review. It means a lot!
Star Walk 2 is a next-generation tool for not only learning the exact position of stars, planets, constellations, comets, ISS, satellites, star clusters, nebulae and meteor showers in the night sky but also for investigating its’ depth like watching constellations, nebulae and satellites from aside.
Star Walk 2 is an exquisite stargazing tool that combines astronomical data with premium technology to deliver an effortless journey through thousands of stars, comets, and constellations. All you have to do is point your iPhone or iPad at the sky.
“She’s a beauty.”
The Next Web
“Star Walk 2 is a terrific introduction to astronomy for young and old. It’s also handy for serious stargazers for observing planning.”
“For those who enjoy the original app, Star Walk 2 is worth the upgrade — the interface is gorgeous. Anyone with even a passing interest in astronomy should grab Star Walk 2.”
“It is worth every penny.”
BEST OF 2014: The next generation of the best-selling Star Walk, winner of Apple Design Award, used by over 10 million people.
NEW IN STAR WALK 2
All-new stunning design:
- New simpler and cleaner interface in vibrant colors for retina displays
- Atmospheric visual and sound effects, stirring soundtrack
- Exclusive handcrafted artwork for constellations, inspired by minimalist low-poly art
Incredible 3D models of celestial bodies*:
- Planetary nebulae
- Dwarf planets, comets, and asteroids
- Man-made satellites
- Layer by layer planets and missions
*Available through In-App Purchase. Constellations are available for free for limited time.
*No Internet connection required*
Universal app that works on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
DISCOVER NEW DEPTHS
Star Walk 2 is the first astronomy guide to introduce plausible three-dimensional models of planetary nebulae. Star groupings of the 88 officially recognized constellations are also presented in volume. You can see them as separate entities, turn them around and take a look from the other side. Complemented by articles on connected myths and history, this is the most comprehensive collection of information on constellations.*
REAL-TIME MOTION TRACKING
As you hold your phone up and point it towards the sky, Star Walk 2 follows your motions using the built-in gyroscope to match the map on your screen to the stars seen from your location. Easily find any star, constellation, or satellite in the sky by tapping Search. Star Walk will indicate the direction to look in.
NEW POINT OF VIEW
Unlike on a plain photograph, every star in Star Walk 2 has coordinates. That means you can look at objects, for instance, a constellation from any vantage point in space, not to mention the ultimate accuracy of your map for your exact location.
NOW AND LATER
Star Walk 2 gives you accurate daily data on current moon phase, time of sunset and sunrise, and elevation of planets. With just one slide you can see how the sky will look later tonight or throughout the year.
Special night-time soft red mode will help you preserve night vision when stargazing with a telescope. You can see the sky in X-Ray (and 5 more filters) to study the invisible structure of the universe. Live tracking for over 8,000 satellites will help you catch iridium flares, and detailed articles will satisfy the most curious inquirer.
"Far and away the best language-learning app." —The Wall Street Journal
"Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education."—TIME Magazine
PC Magazine Editors' Choice for Language Learning: "Among iPhone apps for learning or practicing a language, you can't beat Duolingo."
"The most productive means of procrastination I’ve ever discovered. The short lesson blocks are painless and peppy, and reaching the next level (and then the level after that) becomes addictive." —Slate
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages.
With Duolingo, you learn a language completely for free. You have fun while you learn, leveling up and competing with friends.
It’s time to get in touch with your education. Your Canvas content goes everywhere with you on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Canvas by Instructure allows you to:
• View your Canvas activity stream
• Stay on top of your to do items
• View your course schedule and syllabus
• Read and participate in course discussions
• Turn in homework assignments
• Upload files, videos, and audio recordings
• Read, create, and reply to inbox messages
• Study and navigate course pages
• View grades for your courses and individual assignments
• View submissions and participate in comment discussions with your instructor
• Access and participate in Canvas groups
If your school is using Instructure Canvas, grab the Canvas app and keep your education within reach.
Calling all students and parents! Check out PowerSchool’s brand new PowerSchool Mobile app with an all-new user experience and push notifications. Get real-time access to attendance, assignments, scores, grades and more!
Now, instantly monitor changes to grades and attendance with push notifications!*
PowerSchool is the fastest-growing, most widely used student information system, supporting more than 13 million students across the globe.
You can also use PowerSchool Mobile to register to receive email alerts for grades, attendance, assignments and more.
Your school district must be using the PowerSchool student information system. If you are not sure what student information system your school is using, contact your school and ask if they’re using PowerSchool.
Requires iOS version 8 or higher
* Access to PowerSchool is controlled by school administration
* Requires a wireless connection or mobile data plan
* Users must consent to receive push notifications when connecting to servers outside of the United States
* Lunch transactions are only available using the PowerLunch meal management system